- Ph.D., Florida State University, Philosophy, 2014.
- Thesis: Caring and the Apprehension of Value, supervised by David McNaughton.
- M.A., Florida State University, Philosophy, 2009.
- B.A., cum laude,Truman State University, Philosophy and Religion, 2007.
Research Interests: Ethics, Applied Ethics (esp. Animal Ethics, Bioethics and Environmental Ethics), Moral Psychology, Epistemology, Philosophy of Emotion, Political Philosophy.
- Forthcoming. Moral Psychology and the Unity of Morality. Utilitas.
- 2013. Review of Yuck! The Nature and Moral Significance of Disgust by Daniel Kelly. Journal of Moral Philosophy.
- 2011. Review of Moral Sentimentalism by Michael Slote. Ethical Theory and Moral Practice.
- “Emotional Caring and Moral Apprehension”
- Felician Ethics Conference, 20 April 2013
- Central European University seminar on moral intuitionism, 31 July 2013
- Florida Philosophical Association, 15-16 November 2013
- Morality is More Unified Than You Thought
- Alabama Philosophical Society, 5 October 2012
- Morality vs. Moralizing: How (not) to draw the moral/non-moral distinction
- Felician Ethics Conference, 21 April 2012
- Comment on Arthur Ward’s “Norms of Nature and Goodness-Fixing Kinds”
- Rocky Mountain Ethics Congress, 5 August 2011.
- A rebuttal to Greene’s attack on deontology
- Southeast Graduate Conference, 25 March 2011
- FSU/UF Graduate Conference, 5 February 2011
- Reasons Enough: Defending Derek Parfit’s Objectivism about Reasons
- Florida Philosophical Association Conference, 13-14 November 2009.
- Philosophy Graduate Student Association presentation, 16 October 2009.
- In Defense of Normative Requirements as a Fundamental Normative Concept
- Texas Tech University’s Third Annual Graduate Student Philosophy Conference: Metaethics, 3-4 April 2009.
- Non-academic presentations
Professional Service (selected)
- Co-founder and Vice President, Students for Ending Poverty (STEP), FSU, 2013-2014.
- Graduate student coach, FSU Undergraduate Ethics Bowl team
- Fall 2010, Fall 2011, Fall 2012
- President, FSU Philosophy Graduate Student Association, 2010-2011.
- Member, FSU College of Arts and Sciences Leadership Council, 2010-2011.
- Participant in Central European University seminar on moral intuitionism, Budapest Hungary (July 22-31, 2013)
- Finalist, Charlotte Newcombe Dissertation Completion Fellowship, 2012