Links to Selected Papers:
- "Ambiguity in Performance Pay: An Online Experiment," (with David Johnson)
- "The Gift of Advice: Communication in a Bilateral Gift Exchange Game," (with John Lightle) Experimental Economics, forthcoming.
- "Other Regarding Preferences: A Selective Survey of Experimental Results," (with John Kagel; to appear in The Handbook of Experimental Economics, vol 2., J. kagel and A. Roth, eds.)
- "Legitimacy, Social Distance, and Leadership in the Turnaround Game," (with Jordi Brandts & Roberto Weber)
- "A Failure to Communicate: An Experimental Investigation of the Effects of Advice on Strategic Play," (with John Kagel)
- "Misery loves company: Social regret and social interaction effects in choices under risk and uncertainty," (with Mari Rege) Games and Economic Behavior, 73, 1, pp. 91-110.
- "History Dependence and the Formation of Social Preferences: An Experimental Study," (with Carol Kraker Stockman)
- "Endogenous Role Assignment and Team Performance," (with Matthias Sutter)
- "Communication, Renegotiation, and the Scope for Collusion," (with Kai-Uwe Kühn)
- "When Are Two Heads Better than One?," (with John Kagel)
- " Entrepreneurship and Team Participation: An Experimental Study," (with Krista Jabs Saral)
- "Stand by Me:
Help, Heterogeneity and Commitment in Experimental Coordination Games," (with Jordi Brandts & Enrique Fatas)
- "Other Regarding Preferences: A Survey of Experimental Results," (with John Kagel)
in J. Kagel and A. Roth (eds.), The Handbook of Experimental Economics, Vol. 2, (forthcoming) Princeton: Princeton University Press.
- "The Dynamics of Responder Behavior in Ultimatum Games: A Meta-study,"
(with Glenn Dutcher), mimeo, Florida State University, March 2009.
- "Managed Care and Physician Incentives: The Effects of Competition on Quality of Care," (with
Jim Rebitzer), Contributions to Economic Analysis & Policy, 5, 1, Article 16.
- Managed Care and Physician Incentives (Appendix)
- "It's What You Say, Not What You Pay: An Experimental Study of Manager-Employee
Relationships in Overcoming Coordination Failure," (12/07, with Jordi Brandts) Journal of the European Economic Association, 5, 6, pp. 1223-1268
- "Leadership and Overcoming Coordination Failure with Asymmetric Costs," (9/07, with Jordi Brandts and Enrique Fatas),
Experimental Economics, 10, 3, pp. 269-284.
- "Evidence on the Equivalence
of the Strategic and Extensive Form Representation of Games," Journal of Economic
Theory, (6/03, with John Van Huyck) 110, pp. 290 - 308.
- "Are Two Heads Better Than One? Team versus Individual Play in Signaling
Games," American Economic Review, (6/05, lead article, with John Kagel) 95, 3, 477
- "The Formation of Social Preferences: An Experimental Study," (with Carol Kraker) ,
mimeo, Florida State University, October 2004.
- "Observability and Overcoming Coordination Failure in Organizations: An Experimental Study,"
(12/06, with Jordi Brandts) Experimental Economics, 9, 4, pp. 407-423
- "Learning to Punish: Experimental
Evidence from a Sequential Step Level Public Goods Game," (6/02, with Carol Stockman),
Experimental Economics, 5, 1, pp. 39 - 51.
- "The Role of Context and Team Play in Cross-Game Learning," (9/09, with John Kagel)
Journal of the European Economic Association, 7, 5, pp. 1101-1139.
- "Learning and Transfer in Signaling Games,"
(3/08, with John Kagel) Economic Theory, 34, 3, pp. 415-440.
- "Fairness and Learning in a Step-level
Public Goods Game," Games and Economic Behavior, (10/02, with Carol Stockman) 41,
26 - 45.
- "Understanding Overbidding in Second Price Auctions: An Experimental Study," (with Hanming Fang) forthcoming The Economic Journal
- "A Change Would Do You Good:
An Experimental Study on How to Overcome Coordination Failure in Organizations,"
American Economic Review, (6/06, with Jordi Brandts) 96, 3, 669 - 693.
- "Are Experienced Managers Experts at Overcoming Coordination Failure?" Advances
in Economic Analysis & Policy, 6, 2, Article 6.